Resources

 

Here are some resources that we’ve collected as a convenience to our valued customers. To the left, you will find links to some useful information in guides, charts, and tables for the electrical professional..

Also Visit;

Hunzicker Web Cast and Learning Center

 

 

Energy Efficient-Saves Money

Why is LED lighting more energy efficient?  Simply put, the converted energy is put to better use.  In traditional lamps, 90% of the energy consumed produces heat leaving the remaining 10% as visible light.  So, when you hear the term Lumens per Watt, it means that for every watt of electricity consumed a certain amount of light is produced. 

Consider this example: The old 60W incandescent you are used to provides 660 lumens which  translates to 11 lumens/watt.  Now consider the LED replacement for a 60W bulb, a 9.5W LED providing 800 lumens.  The LED options provides a staggering 84 lumens/watt.  See the difference?  The LED lamp is 50.5 watts less than its predecessor but is providing more light and less wasted energy.

Longer Life

We are all guilty of leaving the lights on.  Considering the same 60W and LED replacement above, if you left the 60W lamp on 24 hours, 365 days/year the bulb would have to be replaced every 3 months.  On the other hand, the 9.5W LED lamp would last 2.85 years.  Switching to LED translates into 10 fewer trips made to the supply house to buy a new incandescent lamp.

Flexibility

LED lamps and fixtures are ecologically friendly, they provide instant on light, and because they are manufactured on sturdy components they are durable and rugged.  They can withstand some of the harshest conditions including hot and cold environments.  LEDs love the cold but also perform well in warmer applications too.  The carefully designed heat sink allows the heat to be directed away from the system which prolongs the life of the LEDs.

LEDs can be combined in any shape to produce highly efficient illumination.  More importantly, they can be dimmed resulting in a dynamic control of light, color and distribution.  The adaptability of LED has offered many mood illumination solutions that can be incorporated into our daily lives.

Finally, LED lamps and fixtures operate through a driver which provides several options for a user to control and dim the lights.  Wireless integration offers the following features: voice control, color changing options, dimming, syncing with music, and human-centric features that match LED lighting with circadian rhythms.

Quality of Light

You might hear people refer to LED as a “directional” light source.  Conventional lamps emit light in all directions (360 degrees), whereas LEDs emit light in a specific direction.  This allows useful light to be emitted from a source to reach an object being illuminated as opposed to being trapped within the fixture.  Another great example of the efficiency of LED.  More light, better light.   

Another term you may have heard of is CRI or Color Rendering Index.  This indicates how colors are perceived by the human eye.  Before LED we had the CFL (Compact Fluorescent).  Most CFL’s had a CRI that did not exceed 85.  Today we are seeing most LED’s with a CRI of 90 to 100, with 100 being the highest.  The higher rendering allows us to experience colors in their natural state, similar to what it would be like if you were outside in the sunlight.